[ale] Error message at bootup and linux halts....

Mofid Francis mfrancis at engr.csulb.edu
Wed Nov 26 15:34:45 EST 1997

When I boot linux, I get the message that "unable to open vitual console".
and when the os has uncompressed the kernel and went through the detection
process of the cd-rom and hda1, then it just freezes and says " VFS: "
what does this mean?

Anyone know how to fix this problem....

Thanks
Moe

*  This message was sent to you from the terminal of:                  *
*                                                                      *
* http://heart.engr.csulb.edu/~mfrancis                                *