[ale] Reboot Problems

Robert L Harris nomad at rocky.orci.com
Mon Nov 3 09:07:46 EST 1997

  All of a sudden my machine won't reboot, halt, init 6, init 1, init 2
or any combination therein.  I've copied the binaries in /sbin/ /bin
/usr/bin and /usr/sbin from another machine using tar.  The the other machine
doesn't have any problems.  The tar copied all the files except ones currently
loaded.  I manually replaced init, although it seemed un neccesary because
all the files seemed identical using "file" and "sum".  I still can't
reboot or shutdown....  Anyone got any theories?  One Important note,
I was running kernel 2.1.51 at the time, but I'm now running 2.1.57.

Robert

Robert L. Harris          |    If NT is the answer,
System Engineer For Hire. \_     you don't understand the question.

Email:
Robert at ast.lmco.com
http://www.orci.com/~nomad

DISCLAIMER: