[ale] .awd files

steve sjd at mindspring.com
Mon Dec 1 23:34:32 EST 1997

I believe micro$oft faxes are saved as .awd files.  I don't think windoze
has any utilities for it -- except print it out (& copying too!).  Perhaps
it's a strange (read: proprietary) m$ tiff flavor?

Steve
sjd at mindspring.com

At 10:59 PM 12/1/97 -0500, you wrote:
>Peter Ekstrom wrote:
>
>> Hi Jim!
>>
>> I believe that the .awd files are Applixware's word processor.
>> Hope this helps...
>>
>> On 01-Dec-97 Jim Lynch wrote:
>> >I just got a file from someone that has an .awd extension.  Does anyone
>> >know what that is and if there is a Linux utility that can do anything
>> >with it?  Other than copy it, that is. 8^)
>
>I've got Applixware 4.3 and the word processor saves files with an .aw
extension.
>I've looked at the various files it creates and could not find a reference to
>.awd.
>

>> >Thanks,
>> >Jim.

>> >Jim Lynch, SGI/Cray Research, Inc. / ARS: K4GVO
>> >Phone: (770) 631-2254, Email: jwl at sgi.com
>> >Suite 270, 200 Westpark Drive, Peachtree City, GA 30269

+================================+==========================================
==+
>> ! Name.: Peter Ekstrom           !   IBM AS/400 - Senior Programmer
Analyst   !
>> ! Email: pekstrom at mindspring.com ! ALLTEL Information Services
Atlanta, GA !

==+