[ale] Linux as has-been OS <G>

Charles W. Binko cwb at mindspring.com
Mon Dec 1 21:39:03 EST 1997

> R I Feigenblatt wrote:
> >
> > I just got an interesting letter from SCO. It reads:
> >
> >         "Your Old Linux OS was fine...
> >
> >         "But, now there's something that blows it out
> >          of the water! Introducing the NEWEST VERSION
> >          of SCO's hot OS...UnixWare 2.1.2...
> >
> >         "Dear Linux User..."
> >
> >         "You May Feel Your Linux Is Adequate...
> >          But, Did You Know This?
> >
> >         "1. Linux has no technical support or maintenance.
>
> Uh, no, I had absolutely no idea that this was the case.
> I guess all those patches that nice kernel developers
> have sent me were actually just figments of my imagination.
> Damn. Well, I'd blow Linux off my hard drive right now,
> except my machine's uptime is about 18 months now, and
> I don't want to spoil my chance at the record.

Oh, yeah, and that patch that fixed the Pentium bug?  That didn't take what, a
WEEKEND to get posted, did it?

I'd much rather wait for SCO's next release when, January??

Binko
C. William Binko			         All Statements are
cwb at mindspring.com				 My own.
cwbinko at trcinc.com        finger cwb at mindspring.com for public PGP key