[ale] slackware

gt4982b at prism.gatech.edu gt4982b at prism.gatech.edu
Sun Oct 27 15:16:20 EST 1996

> Unfortunately I still have no printer. When I try
> cat testfile > /dev/lp0, the lights on my HP 4MP blink, but
> nothing prints. If I then go back to windows 95 and try to

well, for some odd reason, my printer on LPT1 is /dev/lp1... might try that.
I think there is something about that in linux/Documentation/Devices.txt,
but I'm not for sure.  /dev/lp0 doesn't work for me, but /dev/lp1 does on
two different computers...

	J. Patrick Avery Junior - A Ramblin' Wreck From Georgia Tech
	gt4982b at prism.gatech.edu  - or -  root at r45h21.res.gatech.edu
	finger://root@r45h21.res.gatech.edu  (PGP key and geek code)
				    */\/*
			     Veni, Vidi, Dolavi"
		 Linux:  Guerilla UNIX Development at Work