[ale] Need XF86Config help

William Mahavier wsm at mathcs.emory.edu
Thu Oct 10 15:29:11 EDT 1996

Thanks for the help before from the group getting my disc
partitioned and my swap space recognized. I need help again setting
up my XF86Config file. I tried running xfconfig but when it ran
X -probeonly it hung my machine. So I am trying to edit the
XF86Config.eq. I am down to the mode line and do not know how
to fill in that section. My monitor-NEC Multisync-xv15+ is not
listed under .../X11/doc/Monitors..  I have an Aptiva model C67.
I do not know what chipset or dot clock to use.

The howto says that X -probeonly > /tmp/x.out 2>&1 will determine
my card type, chipset and chipset driver, but it does not.

Both Superprobe and X -probeonly hang my machine.

 I have read the howto and the faq and most of the files under
.../X11/doc.

I must be missing something. Any help will be appreciated.