[ale] Printing from linux to Win95/NT

Greg Hankins gregh at cc.gatech.edu
Mon Oct 7 16:47:49 EDT 1996

Christopher Fowler writes:
>I want to print from UNIX to a printer attached to a Win95 machine.  How
>can I do this using TCP/IP printing.  Are there any shareware applications
>that at as lpd and accept requests?  I also want to do this on a WinNT Box.

RTFH!  There are many many many HOWTOs and mini-HOWTOs on many interesting
and diverse subjects!  In fact, I spend about 5 hours a week maintaining
the whole collection!  So, just check out the HOWTO index, and you'll find
the Print2Win mini-HOWTO, which says:
A SIMPLE HOW-TO PRINT FROM LINUX TO A WINDOWS 95/WINDOWS NT PRINT SHARE!
You can even search the damn things!  Gee Wiz!!!

Greg!

--
Greg Hankins (greg.hankins at cc.gatech.edu)  |  Georgia Institute of Technology
Computing and Networking Services          |  College of Computing, room 213