[ale] Adaptech 1542

James W. Lynch jwl at atlanta.cray.com
Mon Oct 7 08:11:34 EDT 1996

What Todd is suggesting might fix it.  I had a different experience
when I installed my 1542C on the PCI board.  I had to turn off the
secondary IDE controller port or Linux couldn't find my SCSI board.

I never investigated as to why, but I suspect a port conflict.  I
added the DMA port and I/O port to the section of the CMOS configuration
setup screens that you use to tell the system what non-PNP hardware was
installed, but that didn't fix the problem until I disabled the secondary
IDE port.

Jim.