[ale] Re: X and ELF

Steven A. Duchene sad at hpuerca.atl.hp.com
Tue May 28 21:59:42 EDT 1996

> Netscape is giving me the same complaint that Geoff was getting:
>
> "unable to load libXt.so.6"
>
> I checked against all recommendations on libc, etc. That is all up to
> date. Netscape 3.0b4 still doesn't run. Looking at /usr/X11R6/lib, I see
> that libXt.so.6 is a sym link to libXt.so.6.0. I have no libXt.so. Other
> than that, all links seem to be there. So, as far as I can tell,
> ldconfig didn't leave that undone. But Netscape still complains. Any
> other ideas?

	Do a file on both the Netscape executable and the library. They
	better both be a.out or both ELF. If not and the Netscape
	executable is a.out and your library is ELF, you need the a.out
	version of the library under /usr/i486-linuxaout/lib/

--
Steve DuChene              sad at hpuerca.atl.hp.com               1-800-633-3600

	       The HP North American Response Center, Atlanta
		   X/Vue/xterminal/graphics support team
    		    I am an employee of Hewlett-Packard.