[ale] more memory, bigger swap?

Steven A. Duchene sad at hpuerca.atl.hp.com
Tue May 28 14:52:57 EDT 1996

	I have heard of some versions of Unix that reserved a certain amount
	of virtual memory in relation to how much physical memory was
	installed and if there wasn't enough swap space it wouldn't use all
	of the physical memory. Linux doesn't do this (the Sparc box at work
	has 32Mb of RAM and no swap since there is no hard drive in the
	machine) but it does sound like a real good justification for having
	sufficient swap space.
--
Steve DuChene              sad at hpuerca.atl.hp.com               1-800-633-3600

	       The HP North American Response Center, Atlanta
		   X/Vue/xterminal/graphics support team
    		    I am an employee of Hewlett-Packard.