[ale] I'm making errors with LILO

Andrew Newton lfs at eskimo.com
Wed May 22 11:16:24 EDT 1996

means the first part of the LILO loader is having problems loading the
second part of LILO.  Hence it might be that your MBR is corrupted.
Being that this is all in the MBR, it should be at a
very low head/cylindery/sector number on you hard disk and I wouldn't think
that a big disk with large cyclinder counts would come in to play just
yet.

At any rate, it takes only five minutes to run DOS's fdisk with the /mbr
switch and then to reinstall LILO.  And if that works, it sure beats
repartitioning and reinstalling everything.

tfreeman wrote:

> I'm suspicious that the "other" suggestion is correct: lilo doesn't
> handle big disk partitions well. I may try and repartition this weekend,
> but I'm not looking forward to reconfiguring _everything_ with a full
> re-install. I may need to find a non-lilo way to bring this puppy up as a
> linux box.

Andrew Newton
Andrew.Newton at automatedlogic.com
lfs at eskimo.com