[ale] Native Java support in Linux!!!

R I Feigenblatt docdtv at tiger.avana.net
Sun May 12 09:48:31 EDT 1996

>I am including a file that just got created on my system when I patched
>my Linux kernel source to 1.3.100
>Steven A. DuChene       Linux Weenie!    http://www.ysu.edu/~sduchene
>Linux beats them ALL! While all other OS's are TALKING about direct
>support of Java Binaries in the OS, Linux is doing it!

Far be it from me to say something nice about the pea-brain wage-slave
Ivy-League-PhD two-legged talking farm animals in IBM, but if I can
believe my sources...

  "IBM's AIX 4.2, the first commercial operating system...  to
  include (the) Java Virtual Machine (will ship) May 3, ...ahead
  of the originally planned date of May 17" says "Newsbytes"

I know in-house IBM developers who already use AIX 4.2 as their
production system. The funny thing is they had NO IDEA it included
the JVM until I told them so. Some things never change...