[ale] login.c

dZothMuellarg zot at crl.com
Tue May 7 17:28:10 EDT 1996

^I also need to allow my usernames to be more than 8 characters.  As I =
^looked through the code I found the define that sets the length of the =
^buffer for the login prompt.  It appears as though it will be an easy =
^edit.  Is there any reason that the login program only allows 8 =
^characters for a username? I am new to Unix/Linux and I can't think of =
^any reason I shouldn't change the buffer size to 32 chararcters. =20

ummm I believe passwd only looks at the first 8, and proably selct as
well.

If you made your NT commands 8 char unique or munged them in login you
should be ok.

I am just guessing here...

--
Later,