[ale] Re: [ale-expo] other demos (fwd)

Greg Hankins gregh at cc.gatech.edu
Mon Mar 25 16:31:20 EST 1996

Hey guys, if I wanted the Microsoft crap, I'd s*bscribe to a Microsoft
list.  A diversion now and then regarding Windows and/or dos and how they
may work with Linux is one thing.  This blasted Linux vs Microsoft crap
is a waste of bandwidth on this list.  I have my own opinions regarding
the subject, but I try and place them in the forum the belong.  Can we
get on with the real purpose of this list?  I would be glad to s*bscribe to
a Linux vs Microsoft list if anyone wants to start one.

}
}>	Another good fringe package that should be highlighted is the
}>	X10(?) stuff. This is a package that interfaces to home automation
}>	controllers. I believe there is even an GUI interface and a dialup
}>	daemon that lets you do stuff remotely. Let see Win-95/NT do
}>	something like that!
}
}David C. Snyder has written me to say:
}"This remote management capability was the point of Steve's post, but you
}were so busy plugging Microsoft that you missed it."
}
}I apologize. I wrongly assumed everyone reading this list knew the following,
}and so made my previous post on this subject more concise than I should have.
}        There are NUMEROUS third-party packages that allow remote control of
}        DOS or Windows machines. People condemn Microsoft for feebleness if
}        they don't integrate a feature into the OS and then they condemn it
}        for megalomania when they do; what's a company to do? By the way, free
}        tools (made available in 1993) for WfW 3.11 let it support sockets and
}        networked DDE, Win95 adds RPC and NT 4.0 will add networked OLE.
}
}Thanks David! :-)
}Ron Feigenblatt
}
}

--
Until later:
Geoffrey Myers   geof at denali.is.net   eiger at ichange.com   gamyers at attmail.com

	Opinions expressed by me are mine, all mine, only mine.....