[ale] AJC won't run anything on Expo!!!

Steven A. Duchene sad at hpuerca.atl.hp.com
Fri Mar 22 11:50:09 EST 1996

I am sending the following out to the whole ALE list since I feel this
would be of interest to all.

	OK, I just got done talking to Brooks Dobbs who works at AJC and
	was obliging enough to show the press release for the Linux Expo
	to the person who does quite a lot of the "Personal Technology"
	section they run once in a while. That person said they would not
	run anything about this because everytime they mention to words
	"operating system" they get lots of mail asking "what's an
	operating system?" so they shy away from that.

	My responce would be that they are doing a dis-service to their
	readers who do know "what an operating system is" but I don't
	think that will carry a lot of weight. So it looks like we won't
	be getting any publicity that way.

	BTW, the person at AJC who said this is Bill Husted and his E-mail
	address is tchnobuddy at ajc.com so if anyone else besides me feels
	this is unequal treatment feel free to send him a message letting
	him know.

	One thing I find a little strange about this is a couple of my
	co-worker's tell me they did a big feature article within the
	last two weeks on the new Macintosh "Operating System"!

	Brokks is going to try and get a notice in their Community computer
	events column and on a community web page they have so I would like
	to thank him for all his efforts even if he did run into a brick
	wall with the above person.
--
Steve DuChene              sad at hpuerca.atl.hp.com               1-800-633-3600

	       The HP North American Response Center, Atlanta
		   X/Vue/xterminal/graphics support team
    		    I am an employee of Hewlett-Packard.