[ale] new kernel, silent modem

Unix Guru Dude geof at denali.is.net
Tue Mar 19 21:28:52 EST 1996

}^While trying to get ftape to work, I upgraded my kernel from 1.2.8 to
}^1.2.13.  Now, my modem is silent.  It still screams under Windog.  I attempted
}^to reset the sound via the 'at' command, but no luck.  Any suggestions??
}^
}^--
}^Until later:
}^Geoffrey Myers   geof at denali.is.net   eiger at ichange.com   gamyers at attmail.com
}^	http://www.ticllc.net/~geof
}^
}^	Opinions expressed by me are mine, all mine, only mine.....
}^

Got it working.  Problems with the way I built my kernel...  Thanks though..

}
}You mean it make no noise while dialing?

Yeah, it just quit making any sound.

}
}There are two settings usally M and L  M is when to play, L is how loud.

Did this, didn't help.  Worked fine under DOS and Windog..

}
}Otherwise you have an IRQ conflict.
}
}DOes the modem work otherwise?

Worked fine, just was sneeky about it. :)

}
}--
}Later,
}ZOT                                                        zot at crl.com