[ale] syquest

Matt McMillin imnlfn at atlanta.com
Tue Mar 12 18:37:17 EST 1996

Anyone who has questions about Syquest drives, ZIP drives, or Syquest drives
vs. Zip drives should check out the newsgroup "comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.
storage."  Last time I checked, there were several heated discussions about
the relative merits of each.  By now, they should have gotten on to details
about the new, higher-capacity drives, such as the Jaz drive.  Check it out.
You should find it informative, but don't think you'll be able to decide anything
from what you read (each camp seems pretty devoted.)

The question about using the parallel-to-SCSI device under Linux may have
its answer in the above group, too.  (It's been a couple of weeks since I last
looked there.)

-M