[ale] httpd

Tim Zane zanetim at auburn.campus.mci.net
Wed Jun 26 23:50:08 EDT 1996

	I am trying to get httpd to work on my linux box.  I configured
it and httpd is actually running, but I cannot access my machine through
netscape (Or by telneting to port 80).  I dont have any idea what was
wrong.  I looked up the faq at http://hoohoo.ncsa.uiuc.edu/docs and did
what it said for linux machines (ie Make a user called www and set the
httpd user to www).  Like I said it runs fine, but I just cannot get
connect with it.  (Also the error_logs file shows no errors, although it
does indicate that httpd has started.)  ANy help would be appreciated.

					-Tim
					zanetim at auburn.campus.mci.net