[ale] MTU/MRU

dZothMuellarg zot at crl.com
Mon Jun 24 11:36:06 EDT 1996

^
^Does anyone knoe the ideal MTU/MRU to use with pppd and linux?  I was
^using 1500 and 1000.  Neither really helped, and I'm looking to speed up
^my connection as much as possible.

Depends on what you are looking for.  A high MTU (Maximum) will allow
bigger units to go through, good for downloading, but bad for
interactivity.  Smaller MTU will keep the packets smaller, thus
allowing seemingly speedier telnet sessions.

So if you are mainly downloading, go as high as you can (2096?) if you
are teleneting then go low.

I rarely bother to change it from 1500...

--
Later,
ZOT                                                        zot at crl.com