[ale] compiling 2.0 w/ gcc 2.6.3

charlie charlie at cc.gatech.edu
Fri Jun 21 13:08:45 EDT 1996

On Fri, 21 Jun 1996, Steven A. Duchene wrote:

> You will not be able to do this. GCC-2.6.3 is an a.out compiler only.
> To compile ELF stuff you need GCC-2.7.X

Where do I get an a.out compiler that will compile ELF?  I've looked on
ftp.cc.gatech.edu, sunsite, tsx-11.mit.edu, and many others.  GCC2.6.3 was
the only compiler I could find that was a.out!  Also the README said the
earliest version you "could" compile with was gcc2.6.3.  Any suggestions
on where I can find another?

thanks
charlie
							        Charles Hubbard
	   		 	          Internet: charlie at felix.cc.gatech.edu
 ". . .the pope talks a lot about sex of which he knows nothing of"
	- Robert Anton Wilson