[ale] NetsRAPE crash X.

Geoffrey Myers geof at denali.is.net
Thu Jun 20 09:46:58 EDT 1996

}Jeff Barber wrote:
}>
}> Andy writes:
}>
}> > also I get this when I file.
}> > xervnet:~/netscape$ file netscape
}> > netscape: Linux/i386 demand-paged executable (QMAGIC)
}> >
}> > I am positive that I downloaded from the ELF directory
}> > on Netscape's Server. version 2.02.
}>
}> Netscape doesn't have an ELF directory.  All of the 2.x versions of
}> Netscape were a.out only.  Only the most recent 3.0 beta (beta 4) has
}> been ELF (and *it's* not available in a.out -- which should be a hint
}> for those of you [like me] that have not yet upgraded to ELF).
}>
}> -- Jeff
}
}huh? ok ok I confused myself. The ELF directory I downloaded from was the at
}ftp.xfree86.org ( the X-server). But that is correct. so now I dont know what
}version I am running ELF or a-out. Since I upgraded the X-Server I haven't
}had any crashes yet though. I am going to us it like this for a while

On my box, executing "file netscape" (version 2.?) yields:

	netscape: Linux/i386 demand-paged executable (QMAGIC)

whereas "file netscape" (version 3.*) yields:

	netscape: ELF 32-bit LSB executable i386 (386 and up) Version 1

--
Until later:
Geoffrey Myers   geof at denali.is.net   Unix.Guru.Dude at worldnet.att.net
	http://www.ticllc.net/~geof  or http://denali.is.net/~geof

	Opinions expressed by me are mine, all mine, only mine.....