(no subject)

Matthew Avery matthew at nas.nasa.gov
Wed Jun 19 07:48:21 EDT 1996

Ah, and therein lies the problem:

}I have IDE cdroms on my system at home and at work.  If I
}happen to hit the eject button before unmounting the cdrom
}successive umount commands give me a device busy error.
}I can't figure out how to force it to unmount so I end up
}rebooting eventually.

>I've assumed that there is a new feature the later kernels.  That is, when
>I have a cdrom mounted, my eject button does not eject.  Once I unmount it,
>then it works.  Just an option, kernel upgrade????   Anyway, as everyone
>knows, I haven't read all the docs with the new kernels, but those I have
>read, I haven't seen any mention of this.  Anyone else experience this?

If I hit the eject button the cdrom does not eject but the
device is now busy and won't allow me to unmount the cdrom.
Do I have to somehow clear that eject command before I can
unmount the cdrom or can I do something else to unmount the
cdrom?  What happens on your system if you hit the eject button
before unmounting the cdrom?  Does umount still work for you?

-Matt-