[ale] IDE cdrom umount and eject

Matthew Avery matthew at nas.nasa.gov
Tue Jun 18 15:15:14 EDT 1996

I have IDE cdroms on my system at home and at work.  If I
happen to hit the eject button before unmounting the cdrom
successive umount commands give me a device busy error.
I can't figure out how to force it to unmount so I end up
rebooting eventually.

Also, does anyone if there is an eject command for the IDE cdroms?
I'd like to have a shell script that unmounts and ejects the cdrom
then closes and mounts the new cdrom.  Any suggestions would be
greatly appreciated, even if it's just the name of a FAQ.

-Matt-
end
Please send return e-mail to:

matthew at amelia.nas.nasa.gov