[ale] Slackware

Byron A Jeff byron at gemini.cc.gatech.edu
Fri Jun 14 14:40:40 EDT 1996

> Anyone know if/when slackware is coming out with a new distribution with
> the new kernel and support files?  Anyone found a web page for em?

piece they're waiting for. Supposedly a 3.1 is in the works. I read that
someone had seen a 3.1 directory on one of the web/ftp sites. The one
date that was speculated (i.e getting the distribution together and
pressed on a CDROM) was July 1.

Honestly I installed 3.0 and added a 2.0 kernel. Typing from it now. It's
been stable for a week an picked up my 3COM 3C595 100 mBit ethernet card
with absolutely no problem.

May be a way to go too.

BAJ