[ale] device: Too many consecutive attentions: 11 ??

Andrew Lancaster andrew1 at onramp.net
Wed Jun 12 13:07:06 EDT 1996

has anyone ever encountered this error or know what it means:
cdu31a: Too many consecutive attentions: 11
cdu31a: Too many consecutive attentions: 11
cdu31a: Too many consecutive attentions: 11
cdu31a: Too many consecutive attentions: 11
cdu31a: Too many consecutive attentions: 11
cdu31a: Too many consecutive attentions: 11
cdu31a: Too many consecutive attentions: 11
I get at *least* 10 billion of these lines scrolling down my screen when
I play an audio cd then invoke 'modprobe sound'(to load the sound module
in case you couldn't tell ). The sound does play btw, but the drive is
locked, and plays until power is turned off.