[ale] RE: Hd Crash

David Hamm dhamm at itserve.com
Tue Jun 11 09:24:48 EDT 1996

I was mistaken its not an hd crash.  This particular linux machine is =
waiting in the wings as our new internet and has not had a monitor on it =
since I built it.  So as time has elapsed I've telneted in and added =
things to the /etc/rc.local. The last thing I added was msql, an sql =
server, it turns out that the msqld daemon does not release controll of =
the command prompt and seems to hang the console.  Ctrl +c nor any other =
keystroks will release the console and since I hadn't used the console =
in weeks I never knoticed the change and every thing else worked fine.  =
In the process of rebooting the system I also mucked up the extenede =
file system which is now repaired from running e2fsck.  Now lets see =
where was I last Wednesday?

Later David