[ale] Emergency

Robert Harris nomad at netwide.net
Fri Jun 7 11:53:42 EDT 1996

I was trying to re-install the default libs and gcc back (upgrade to
new failed) and for some reason my linux will not boot.  It will not
find my root filesystem.  I am trying to get a boot disk so I can fsck
the filesystem and re-mount it.  I am having no luck.  I tried a aha2940
boot disk with a 2940Ultra Wide controller...  Doesn't seem to find the
controller.  I used another linux machine in arms reach to make a
kernel, it booted and found the conroller and disks, but it will not let
me use a root floppy disk.  Anyone got any Ideas? I need my linux
on-line immediately...

Rob.