[ale] user setup in RedHat

dZothMuellarg zot at crl.com
Thu Jul 25 11:52:19 EDT 1996

^
^I'm running RedHat 3.0.3 (Picasso), and I can't figure out how to set up
^user environments properly.  I'm used to using files like .profile,
^.kshrc (users using k-shell), etc. to setup prompts, aliases, command
^line editing modes, etc.  All of these files appear to be ignored by this
^version of Linux.  What files _are_ to be used to do this sort of
^customization, and how (if the file entries are non-standard as well)?
^
^TIA
^
^- Al

Check out the man pages on login, that is the real culprit.

The files are propbably being pre-ridden by /etc/profile and
/etc/bash_profile (assuming bash is the shell, check /etc/passwd.

--
Later,
ZOT                                                        zot at crl.com