[ale] GaTech.

Steven A. Duchene sad at hpuerca.atl.hp.com
Mon Jul 22 18:59:30 EDT 1996

Al Leach responded:
> Just in case Greg's response didn't totally answer your question, the 2.0
> (2.0.7, is actually the most recent) kernel is available at
> ftp.cc.gatech.edu under /pub/linux/kernel/v2.0/linux-2.0.7.tar.gz
>
> > nomad writes:
> > >Anyone know what versin of slackware is on GaTech?  I want to download
> > >it when the 2.0 kernel is available and all the new libs and such are up
> > >to date...  Anyone know?
> >
> On Mon, 22 Jul 1996, Greg Hankins wrote:
> > The current version of Slackware is 3.0.0 -- supposedly 3.1 is in the
> > works and will be out RSN.  Incidently, there is an official Slackware
> > page at http://www.cdrom.com somewhere.

	Well, as everyone is aware there is a lot of things that need to
be upgraded when moving to the 2.X kernels. There are several web pages
that covers how to do this as well as the Changes file that is included
with the above kernel source. This is not rocket science and if your careful
and READ the directions it is not all that difficult to do. However for
those of you who are still leary about attempting this I am still working
on putting together a 2.0 upgrade party and talk as an August ALE event.
I believe I have a suc...ugh, a volunteer :-) to host it so stay tuned
for more details.

--
Steve DuChene              sad at hpuerca.atl.hp.com               1-800-633-3600

	       The HP North American Response Center, Atlanta
		   X/Vue/xterminal/graphics support team
    		    I am an employee of Hewlett-Packard.