[ale] Video Wars

Vernard Martin vernard at cc.gatech.edu
Tue Jul 16 12:26:29 EDT 1996

> I upgraded my video card recently to Stealth64 Video Vram. So far I
> have been unable to get it to work properly. I get a stable
> background screen, but all the icons flicker in an unreadable fashion.
>
> The manual does not contain a list of clocks. I am using the S3 X
> server. Has anyone made this work successfully?

I recently upgraded to a Diamond Stealth 64 with 2MB of DRAM (not VRAM) and
I had no trouble getting it to work with the S3 server included in RedHat
3.0.3 (Picasso) release. Works like a charm. I don't explicitly include a `
clocks line in my XF86Config file ifI remember correctly.

Vernard Martin
(vernard.martin at cc.gatech.edu) http://www.cc.gatech.edu/people/home/vernard/
College of Computing, Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta, GA 30332