[ale] Backup of Win95 + win95 compressed formats under linux.

Christopher Fowler cfowler at www.topform.com
Mon Jul 15 20:06:30 EDT 1996

I try to make backups of all our installation disks for all of our internal
tools.  I have had problems trying to make backups of win95 installation
disks that are in the High Density format.  I do the following:

dd if=/dev/fd0 of=disk.#

under SCO I do:

dd if=/dev/rfd0135ds18 of =disk.#

If I ever try to create these disks and use them inhous the windows setup compains about
it can not read for the cab file.  I get this error on every disk that I try to
use.  Has anyone found a way to sucessfully back these up?

I know this may not be linux related, but I'm looking for a solution that
may invlove linux.

Thanks,
Christopher Fowler
To contact me:  cfowler at www.topform.com
Computer Software, INC. * 303 Research Drive * Norcross, GA 30092
Phone: (770) 448-1484 * FAX: (770) 448-3949
http://www.topform.com * http://www.topform.com/~cfowler