[ale]fvwm95-2.0

Keith Berger kber at atl.hp.com
Mon Jul 15 07:13:25 EDT 1996

I tried to upgrade to fvwm95-2.0.42a and am now having some problems.

System Info:
Linux-2.0
XFree86 3.1.2
fvwm95-2.0.42a

After compiling and installing fvwm95, I did not get any errrors during
the compile, I am unable to use Xwindows.  startx brings up the server,
but my mouse is frozen.  It just is stuck in the "X" cursor and can not
be moved.

I verified that my /etc/XF86config file has a valid entry in the pointer
section, i.e Proctocol=Microsoft, device=/dev/mouse.  My mouse is a
Logitech and the XFree notes says that if it is a newer version that you
should make it the Microsoft Protocol.  My muose is on com1 and I have a
link from /dev/ttyS0 to /dev/mouse.  If I remove the link, then the
server does not start up and complains about not being to open the mouse
device.

This all use to work on fvwm version 1. I have a dual boot machine, and
when I boot to Win95 the mouse works fine. I can not tell why doing a
make install on the fvwm95, or for that matter fvwm2, broke my xwindows.
I would like to get fvwm95 working, but I would settle for fixing my old
fvwm. I do have a backup, but I consider that a last resort.

		Thanks

			Keith
--
 ************  / / / ****************  Email: kber at atl.hp.com