[ale] addgrp?

Pinwu Xu pxu at eng.ua.edu
Tue Jul 2 16:59:58 EDT 1996

Greetings!
    As reading the Linux Installation and Getting Started, I tried to add new
user groups. However, I found no such command. man -k grp or group gave me
newgrp--which is used to switch to another user group, but not to create one.
I checked the Gatech ftp site, had no luck in finding one (in the dir:
linux/system/admin). So where to get it?

    The news server at school has been down for almost all the summer,
fortunately, I borrowed an account from my friend so I  could telnet into
a remote site, using his account to read news. I'm wondering if it's possible
I set up news server at my home box, fetching news from the remote (not my
ISP) site?

   TIA.

Pinwu

*  Pinwu Xu                                                      *
*  pxu at eng.ua.edu                                                *
*  pxu3 at ua1vm.ua.edu                                             *
*  http://www.eng.ua.edu/~pxu                                    *