[ale] what news reader/poster (fwd)

Geoffrey Myers geof at denali.is.net
Sat Aug 17 22:03:50 EDT 1996

}Geoffrey Myers wrote:
}>
}> Just curious as to what news reader/poster folks use.  I currently use
}> trn and Pnews, but they seem terribly slow.  Any recommendations?
}
}I currently use Gnus under xemacs, and sometimes Netscape's news reader.
}Gnus requires some tweaking to work well on a slow connection, but if
}you like emacs, Gnus is really cool. The Netscape (> 2.x) newsreader is
}pretty good, too, in my opinion, although I've seen it bashed a bit
}by other folks. I've use tin and trn and nn in the past, and wouldn't

Well, being the fact I'm a vi kinda guy, I never got into the emacs thing,
so I'll pass on that approach.  Thanks though... :)

}
}-- Joe
}
}> --
}> Until later:
}> Geoffrey Myers   geof at denali.is.net   Unix.Guru.Dude at worldnet.att.net
}>         http://www.ticllc.net/~geof  or http://denali.is.net/~geof
}>
}>         Opinions expressed by me are mine, all mine, only mine.....
}
}

--
Until later: