[ale] Gatesless Signon to ATT WorldNet Sought

John M. Mills jmills at siberia.gtri.gatech.edu
Thu Aug 15 12:59:05 EDT 1996

Hiya --
I would like to open up an AT&T WorldNet account, but AT&T provides
the signup software only for MS Windows.  Sadly #8-) I don't have any
flavor of MS Windows on my machine.  Has anyone cobbled a way to
sign onto WorldNet with (say) a Telnet session?  I am hoping that
once my account is active, I will be able to use Linux and PPP to
access the account, but first I need get through the activation/signup.
I do now use PPP to connect through an employee PPP account, so that
part of my setup is in place and available.  Likewise I have Netscape
and Mosaic if either of those can be used.

(I have not yet looked at the contents of the CDROM AT&T sent me  --
 [polite] suggestions as to what I should examine therein are welcome.)

TIA -- jmm--

John M. Mills, Senior Research Engineer   --   john.m.mills at gtri.gatech.edu
   Georgia Tech Research Institute, Georgia Tech, Atlanta, GA 30332-0853
        Phone contacts: 770.528.3258 (voice), 770.528.7083 (FAX)
           cat comments_regarding_recent_Olympics > /dev/null