[ale] /etc/aliases

Mir S Islam mir at venus.gsu.edu
Thu Aug 8 09:38:54 EDT 1996

Hi guys, I have this alias file with a couple of mailing aliases. Like
webmaster and others. It works fine. But in every few minutes sendmail
spews out a messages in /var/adm/message saying :

Aug  8 09:15:53 venus sendmail[6503]: /etc/aliases: 1 aliases, longest 3
bytes,12 bytes total

Is there a way to stop that ? My /etc/alises file looks like this :

alias:	name

Much appreciate your responses.
--
Mir S Islam              | "Creativity is the inability to follow the
Network Administrator    |  rules of others."