HTML editor for Linux?

Vernard C. Martin vernard at cc.gatech.edu
Mon Jan 23 00:05:08 EST 1995

> >Where can I get an easy to install/use HTML editor that runs under Linux
> >X?
>
> I don't know if HoTMetaL runs under Linux nor do I know if it is any good.
> I have heard it runs under X and is useable. The closest thing I had found
> to a useable HTML editor was TkWWW. It was a pain to install (I have not
> used newer version) but had a neat HTML editor.

I've recently used HoTMeTaL and its Windows 3.1 only as far as I can tell.
Wasn't very good either. tkWWW is very nice. tkHTML is very nice as well and
is a good complement to tkWWW. They both used an expanded tk wish shell
called wwwish that is distributed with tkWWW.

--
Vernard Martin
Vernard Martin (vernard at cc.gatech.edu) Georgia Tech College of Computing