">hirsch@zapmedia.com wrote:

> 

> How is it that NFS (or networking) can keep me from rebooting?  Often,

> when I try to reboot or shutdown, the shutdown sequence will hang.

> This usually happens either when trying to umount the nfs mounts, or

> sometimes if NFS has gotten confused.

> 

> In any case, when my computer can't shut off one of these services,

> the shutdown never happens.  It just sits there forever.  I've gone

> through too many hard resets lately, and I'm getting tired of waiting

> the the fsck to finish.

> 

> Is there something I can do to make shutdown to ignore some failures

> and shut down anyway?

I've had similiar problems, but eventually it does shutdown.  How long

did you wait?

> 

> Thanks,

> 

> --Michael

> --

> To unsubscribe: mail ">majordomo@ale.org with "unsubscribe ale" in message body.


--
Until later: Geoffrey                ">esoteric@denali.atlnet.com
I'm afraid there will be more problems with W2K than there were with
Y2K...
--
To unsubscribe: mail ">majordomo@ale.org with "unsubscribe ale" in message body.