I don't know if it is the easiest way, but I usually have process that is

running that listens on a DBMS_PIPE and gets what it should run from an

oracle prodcedure that passes it something like  'ls -l'.

I would think that just having the database run any command passed via

something like a system() call would be very dangerous.

On Fri, 17 Mar 2000, Jim Lynch wrote:

> I know this isn't Linux subject matter, but I don't know where else I'd

> find a group of more knowledgeable people than here.

> 

> I'm trying to figure out how to call an external shell script from

> within an Oracle stored procedure.  I can't find it anywhere in the

> manuals I have.  Can it be done?

> 

> Thanks for any guidance.

> 

> Jim.

> --

> To unsubscribe: mail ">majordomo@ale.org with "unsubscribe ale" in message body.

> 


--
To unsubscribe: mail ">majordomo@ale.org with "unsubscribe ale" in message body.