[ale] What are your thoughts on system transparency?

Steve Litt slitt at troubleshooters.com
Tue Feb 27 22:18:28 EST 2024

Leam Hall via Ale said on Tue, 27 Feb 2024 13:54:21 -0600

>While I personally like it, a lot of sysadmin jobs are going away.
>It's easy to click a few buttons and spin up a new cloud instance. Why
>trouble-shoot something when you can just destroy it and start over?

I see your point. Why waste time. The only thing is, what if you spin
up your new cloud instance and get the same symptom? Nowww you have to
troubleshoot, so the question is, in this situation where you must
troubleshoot, what do you think of system transparency (a system or
subsystem with accessible test points and adjustments AND the ability
to see its sub components and how they connect to each other)?

SteveT

Steve Litt

http://www.troubleshooters.com/rl21