[ale] #OT? Thoughts on encrypted token for ID connected to state or federal database...

William Wylde durtybill at gmail.com
Sat Apr 20 10:15:48 EDT 2024

How complex do you guys think creating an encrypted token connected to your
state or federal ID for age verification purposes would be?   It seems like
it would be trivial, seeing as how they all have verification systems in
place already, and at least my state collects fingerprints when you get an
ID or license.   I don't think it would be more intrusive than what they
already have going on- and I think they could take the money to pay for it
from the domestic spy apparatus.

I doubt it would reveal any more information about your web habits than
they already collect, but I could be wrong.  There's a lot of people on
this list that are more cognizant about the ins-and-outs of this than I am.

Thoughts?

“Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people
always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can
become great.”

― Mark Twain