[ale] I'm looking for a good shared hosting web host

Steve Litt slitt at troubleshooters.com
Mon Jul 3 07:21:33 EDT 2023

Hi all,

For many years Troubleshooters.Com has been hosted by the spectacular
Futurequest in Orlando Florida. Sadly, because of hurricanes, the
pandemic, inflation, and insanely skyrocketing rents in Orlando,
they're going out of business within a few days, so I need a new web
host.

What I absolutely need:

* Reliability
* ssh access
* At least 500 MB of space
* Somewhere around 5 GB transfer per month
* A reasonably effective way to get tech support
* Ability to have Javascript in my web pages
* A way to quickly redirect my whole site, such as .htaccess.
	I need this ability because I need to shut down before every
	hurricane. To see an example of what I'd redirect to, see
	http://troubleshooters.com/troubleshooters_during_ian.htm

What I'd also really like:

* A non-distopian Terms of Service
* Ability to run server side scripts (Perl etc)
* Ability to serve https
* Ability to serve multiple domain names with one contract
* Good mailing list software that doesn't throttle too much

I prioritize the preceding over price. Price is a secondary concern.

I used Bluehost in the past, but found them not good enough, so I'm
hoping for somebody better than Bluehost.

If anyone knows of any good web hosts, please let me know.

SteveT

Steve Litt