[ale] [OT] Phone funniness

Leam Hall leamhall at gmail.com
Fri Dec 29 11:31:44 EST 2023

Hey all, you know more about phones than I do. This seems a bit worrisome/odd.

We changed carriers (Verizon to Consumer Cellular) and supposedly my LG K 51 won't "connect" to the CC network, even though it has G and "bars". So I'm using my wife's old iphone 5S with a new SIM and my phone number. What is odd is that when I text a friend, and he replies, it might go to my wife's *new* phone. She gets an phone or Gmail alert that her account is active on another device (her old phone), and sometimes I get the replies, sometimes she does. I haven't wiped her phone yet, mostly because I hate iphones and will probably get something else.

I just thought all this seemed weird.

Leam

--
Software Engineer          (reuel.net/resume)
Scribe: The Domici War     (domiciwar.net)