[Ale-study] HELP: Linux(Centos) Boot Process

Chris Wreh season175 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 12 11:58:30 EDT 2015

Hi Everyone,

I am in the kindergarten stage of Linux(Centos) and I am trying to
understand GRUB at the boot process. After I select my kernel and press 'a'
to edit the kernel parameter nothing happen. There's no default parameter
(e.g. *grub append > ro root=LABEL=/ rhgb quiet*) that appear as
illustrated in the book I am using. However, when I press 'c', it then take
me to GRUB commands prompt as seen below and I don'tknow what to do from
there:
*grub>*
Based on the above, I will appreciate your respond to the below questions:
1. Is there a reason why I do not see anything when I press 'a' to edit the
kernel parameter? *NB: I actually do not want to edit but rather want to
see what happen when 'a' is pressed*.
2. What specific command will I need to type at GRUB command prompt?
3. How do I set dual boot if I decide not to use Oracle VM.