[Ale-study] hey finally got it right

John jdp at algoloma.com
Tue Nov 16 06:52:16 EST 2010

I'm waiting for the book to arrive from Amazon.  Before it does, I have
two tasks to complete.

a) Install an Ubuntu Server 10.04 x64
b) Install a CentOS Server 5.5 x64

Both will have minimal setups, just ssh servers, static IPs on my
internal network, nothing else. Each will be just 4GB of storage in a
virtual machine. I already have the Ubuntu ISO and used bittorrent to
get the CentOS 5.5 x64 ISO. It took about 2 hrs. Of course, validate the
MD5 signature.  The book may say that a different install is needed, but
with a base system like this, adding anything else should be easy enough.